Welcome to St Mary’s RC Primary School
At St Mary’s we are dedicated to educating our young people in an inclusive, stimulating and challenging environment preparing them for life-long learning. We will provide this in a secure, happy and welcoming environment where Christian and Catholic values are cherished and where staff, pupils and parents work in partnership to achieve common goals.
To achieve this, it is essential that we develop a structured curriculum that ensures all children are provided with opportunities that recognise and celebrate their uniqueness, develop their full potential, allow them to fulfil their aspirations within and beyond the school gates and prepare them to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
Values: wisdom, justice, compassion, integrity, love – are all gospel values. Our gospel values are at the heart of all we do. As a Catholic school we are committed to supporting the development of the whole pupil; spiritual, moral, social and cultural. Our school ethos, articulated in our school motto, ‘Forward Together in Christ’ gives the highest value to these aspects of development by providing an overall atmosphere that is both nurturing and challenging. Our Curriculum recognises the need to provide opportunities for the development of personal responsibility and these key human aspects of learning are supported through:
- Enriching the curriculum in all appropriate areas with an emphasis on spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Taking every appropriate opportunity to acknowledge, value and appreciate the various cultures of our pupils and to encourage them to appreciate and value the cultures of others
- Positive/Restorative discipline approaches
- Arranging regular events of the school as a community and using such occasions to encourage and reinforce the values on which the school is based
- Ensuring that staff and adults within the school provide positive role models for pupils
- Having high aspirations for all pupils
- Using a, ‘Growth Mindset’ approach
- Key emphasis on the acquisition of literacy and numeracy skills
We hope you find the information on our website useful. Our school handbook has all the information you may need to know about us but if you need to know any further details do please contact us on 0131 556 7128 between 0845 – 3:30pm or email us on email@example.com
For further information about Covid 19 you may find this Frequently Asked Questions document useful:https://www.nhslothian.scot/Coronavirus/Parents/Schools/Pages/default.asp
For more information on how personal data is collected and stored please click on the following link – General Data Protection Regulations .
St Mary’s RC Primary School
63 East London Street
Tel. 0131 556 7128
Fax 0131 557 2455
Head Teacher: Mrs Nicola Kehoe